Are you a peaceful soul?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

 "... Habit will then be programmed..."

Today, I am a peaceful soul. So, this was the message Natalie was preaching. Natalie is the charismatic and charming instructor for the workshop on raja meditation that I have been attending for the past weeks. If I can be honest, I was not too unfamiliar with the various practices that she preached. I guess I just gained a deeper insights about some of those that I (or perhaps all of us) knew already all the while. For example, as I clarified with her the other week, I was told that meditation in this context is about reflection. It, however, requires one to have belief in oneself to be a "peaceful soul". It is all in the thought that goes through the mind and penetrated into our perceptions and make us see others to be peaceful.

Natalie kept emphasizing the importance of developing this as a habit. Yes, developing it as a habit and then as part of our life, which will then become easier to handle, just like brushing your teeth before bedtime, don't we all find it hard to learn this when we were young? Habit will then be "programmed" into our subconscious and as we are able to act naturally, we already enjoyed the fruits of raja mediation. I found this to be "familiar" too, as I remember I used to write diary when I was a lot younger  (12 to 16 year old, I think). I developed a thought system at that time which help me evaluate and analyze things, which becomes increasingly important following the problem in the family. My crowded mind found a safe place to "de-clutter". It certainly helped me see things better, calm me down too.

Not that I want to out-smart the instructor, just as she said today, we can experiment our reactions to an event and see that the way we act on it makes a difference, which reveals to us, it all begins in the mind. Therefore, Keeping an open mind will help here. This acts as a reminder and enable me to gain more understandings of ourselves.

0 comments: