Happiness comes when you "relax"....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

".... and you can even nurture it and let it be part of your everyday life."

It's the new year 2011 and this means I have been in Loughborough for almost 18 months now. I am quite settled in to be honest, and somehow you got that feeling of "missing on something". This is quite normal at this time of your life. Your life gets on with a bit of "a holiday" of itself, all happened in its own way in your mind. Somethings just not there, it's just your imaginations. I seem to slowly become hyper-active, as if when things are settled and fine, there must be something there to disturb the equilibrium. At times, you wonder what they are. Strange enough, when you are in the office in the day time, when you stick to the routine at work, you get on with the flow and you enjoyed it, only when approaching end of the day, you got that feeling to "want to do a bit more", but feel that you can afford to relax and less of a workaholics you actually think there is nothing very much you can do in the evening!

I do agree sometimes I have difficulties relaxing myself. A couple of friends suggested I keep a pet, but I hate pets. The maintenance is tedious and time consuming. One other friend suggested me to read a novel, which is not a bad idea. So I should be thinking about this. Finally, one thing that we all must always be reminded of, well just simply be happy. It needs not have any reasons, just be happy.

I found a couples of sites that I would say is a rather creative way to nurture happiness. The BBC Happiness Challenge and the Guardian start happy walking mediation podcast. Perhaps this will give me a sense of the art of relaxation.

0 comments: