The remains of my Easter holidays

Saturday, April 03, 2010

"Time flies, but you are the pilot..."

As I began counting the remaining of my Easter holidays, I find there are actually only 3 weeks left. Time will definitely pass before you realise it. This week has been a mixture of work and pleasures, conference, blogging, etc. It's time to get "serious work" done. This reminded me it's also time to pick myself up and to be "productive again".

The followings are the things I should get done soon.
1) Set last tutorial questions/answers for CF
2) Exam questions and answers
3) Sent email to conference attendants
4) Submit my claims
5) Credit cards bills
6) Call collaborator to come here for a presentation
7) Fix a time to meet BB for lunch/discussing research
8) Do a WP for the paper JL/I just sent out
9) Discuss with JL on further research
10) Conduct own research
11) Get train ticket for placement visit in May

Some of the above are more urgent than others, and have deadlines. I am trying to get the exam/tutorials stuff off the lists as soon as possible and then do the rest. I also promise WB to give a seminar end April/early May, so need to get that sorted too. I wanted to take things slower than normal because it is the holiday, I mean now that I have no urgency to do my slides for the usual Tuesday CF lecture, it should be fine, but then there is always "something" I want to get it done.

I am also thinking if I should go in office tomorrow, so that I can get some stuff done soon, like claiming for expenses, etc, just so that I will have more time for other items on the list coming next week. I don't know how to take things one at a time now, though this is what I sometimes told my students to do. All that I know is finished my tasks before time and having enough time for later is a "good feeling". You "work hard now and enjoy later" - a very "Chinese way" of thinking, :D

0 comments: