How to be productive again?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Deal with the ups and downs of life as if enjoying the thrill of riding the waves on a surfboard"

I get a bit nervous when things start to appear a bit "better" than usual. Strange but true, it's a fact in life that things go up must come down, and we have to expect this in any aspects of our life. I did mentioned that Monday is my "work from home" day and I don't hate Monday. Now, following my Friday's lecture coming to an end, I have got more times, considering the preparation time for the material. It appears that "FREE" time has come, but this could be the beginning of a disaster for me. Well, it's all about adapting to a different "daily clock". You are so used to step 1, step 2 and step 3 for the past weeks when you have lectures on Tuesday and Friday. It just come to you automatically that Wednesday is the preparation for Friday's session and then weekend more for the following Tuesday's session. Now when it is not the case, you have to get yourselves to adapt and adjust to the new "daily clock".

Well, talking about procrastination and being organised, I think the ability to adapt to a new routine is also very important with regard to the "daily clock". We get too drained doing the previous tasks resulting in us running out of inspiration and hence productivity when facing the new task. But, how to be productive again. Here's what I think.

1) I supposed procrastination plays a role and should relate to it.
2) working from home which helps me concentrate can make me productive again.
3) Being organised contribute to productivity, but it is more of a necessary, rather than a sufficient factor.

Tomorrow is my "work from home" day. I am using that as a platform to start my new daily clock and routine on my lists of tasks. I am taking this easy, but not THAT EASY, not to the extent of becoming procrastinated. I think it is just simply the adaptation and adjustment to new tasks that make the difference.

0 comments: