Get over your "perfectionism"!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Yes, it takes time and also needs you to adjust your expectation.... to reach your.... "PERFECTION"

There are actually lots of website talking about "self-help" related issues and I found one recently I like a lot, it is called shine. it is very generic and good fun, and because it is internet related, it can often pick up latest issues being researched on for discussion. Like I always believe, we should always be critical with whatever we came across and see them from another perspective, so no one is god here.

Few days ago I read about "How to get over your perfectionism and start getting real" from shine. You can tell from the webpage that it tries to be a little uncoventional by the way it delivers its messages. Two points from that webpage I like to further discuss They are: 1) Forgive your mistakes and 2) Mistakes = growth.

1) Forgive your mistake. Well, this TAKES TIMES. Mistake often means you pay a price. Many years ago, I watched the Oprah Winfrey's chat show and an expert there put it so nicely. Forgive means you are NOT AFFECTED by a past event each time you think of it, BUT you cannot forget it. Forgive one's mistake is the step in the right direction, but it takes time and not as easy as it seems.

2) Mistake = growth. You can ask or imagine yourselves in a situation that you are allowed to do it again and how you would do it. This will help you see the way forward and feel more positive about the "mistake" you made, as you begin to see it serves some purpose.

As for me, if I want to "get over my perfectionism" and "get real", I would want to give myself times and space to "reflect". A great way to do so is bloggings. Blogs may not be "perfect", but I get over that, and it serves some purpose for me. There are others out that who decide to stop or temporarily stop writing blogs, such as this. It reminded me another important factor to get over being a "perfectionism", i.e., adjust your expectation. Have a nice perfect weekend, :D

0 comments: