The 5 traits of charming people

Sunday, March 07, 2010

"I don't even have to search for charm, I just be myself, :D"

When you are younger, you obviously look better (than when you are older), draw closer to people, attracting people attention becomes "so easy". And your look becomes a huge percentage of your total charm, even beggar can also attract attention.

When you are older, some say if you keep well, you can look young, women or female friends around my age, I would say, they often look stunning and make me wonder what went wrong with my life. Anyway, new research reveals that you can now nurture your charm or at least you can cultivate these traits to have them. I mean, these days, everything is so "manufactured". People go all the way to get attention, so why not have a look and think about the 5 traits of charming people.

I guess we all share these traits in one way or another. Normally is the approach you take on a matter or deal with a person that says it all, sincere or not sincere, real or not real, time will tell if you are "charming". There was a very nice "charming" senior colleague in my former institution. People who know her for the first time will know her to be the way she is, i.e., charming, warmth and sweet, etc. A little deeper dealing with her will tell you the level of trust and credibility you can give her and next thing, you know how to expect from her, still she is polite, but then you realize this is all "for herself", to "showcase herself" and you slowly give her less attention. I think she might have confused "being charming" with "being vain".

Anyway, people do get wrong trying to be "charming" and the sad thing is that, they seem the only person in the world who didn't know about it. As you grow older, even it may be growing older and gracefully for some, actually you only left with charm, despite the increasingly "deteriorating physical and health conditions", unlike the young people. You do it wrongly and give the wrong impression, you actually have got nothing left, impressions do count, depending on situation, in a rather strange way, I think sometimes this becomes more important the older you are, especially when dealing with younger people, like for me as I normally would have to deal with people half my age. But the best bet is to "be yourselves", at time this is hard as there could be some "esteem issues" unable you to "act naturally" and let other deal with you "comfortably" and then you do all the "wrong" things thinking you are "charming", but actually you are not, :D

0 comments: