Did I just attend a "food" conference?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I lost count of the calorie intake from those food, they were at least 2 to 3 times the amount I normally would take in for my lunch"

Today begins with the second day of the BAA conference, and I started by attending session of talks on topics about insitutional investing and voting. For a conference like this, I am often too familiar how they feed you with food and dessert and gala dinner. So, we have carrot cake for tea that is between 10.30 am and 11 am. And then lunch time about 12.30 pm with fish pie, rice and some veggie and of course with a nice chocolate with cream as dessert. I lost count of the calorie intake from those food, they were at least 2 to 3 times the amount I normally would take in for my lunch, how can I not be sleepy all subsequently in the afternoon? Thinking about the long sessions of talks one would have to attend after lunch time, it's just felt so tiring and stressful, apart from feeling sleepy. In the afternoon, I have to take a break from the talk sessions to have some times on my own.

The evening dinner was interesting. It is held in the Cardiff Millennium Stadium, in the Millennium Lounge. I was sat next to my former colleauge, RK and former boss, SG, in which she was uneasy and thinks it is "awful" when I call her as my former boss because it seems so "former", but it is just being "respectful" from my perspective. There were 5 courses for the dinner. The starters are few pieces of salmons, followed by tomatoes soups, then came the lamb chops with veggie and finally apple pie with ice-cream followed by cheese, fruits and coffee. I was struggling a bit with the lamb, have to "cut it REAL hard". I told RK they had given me a middle-age and overweight lamb, and I am just "kind enough" to give it some "fresh" behind to live on. hahahaha!

A gala dinner like this often will have a gig to end up the evening. I had known some really cool, younger academics who seemed to know how to have funs and they were quick to ask me to join in, which I however didn't want to. I was just tired, but happy that I had chat and catch up with friends I knew before and former colleagues and just want to go back to the hotel about 11 pm.

0 comments: