Collaboration

Friday, March 05, 2010

"Two brains better than one, let's coordinate and collaborate"

Friday finally! I had been busy dealing with entertaining guest speaker past few days, and almost run out of time to prepare for my lecture today. I even have to wake up a bit early to give time for some preparations. To think that today will be my last lecture make me feel good. Now that it seems I would have more time. I only need to spend two hours a week for lecture until end of the term. Woohoo!

I had been talking about research on the blog past few days and now is the time to start doing some. Currently having a couple nearly to send out, and I also want to start working on new topics, which will come as an early stage type research, so I need to get going. The HE research is also under-way. I get some data today from the library and send out to my collaborator. I hope to get reply from him soon, so I can move on to the next stage. I must say I have been lucky working with people who are themselves experienced and productive when conducting their businesses. I also had experience researching and publishing as a sole author, so I can work as a team and also able to work independently. You can say I am multi-skilled, but I am still learning, :D

At this moment, I do feel in control of most things. The reason being the teaching, that I have lesser hours now compared to the first term. I also don't have much contact hours with students, unlike in my previous institution. But, I do need to get into some sorts of new routine, so that I can plan stuff and achieve them by a certain pre-specified time.

I also realise every collaboration is different. It depends how your strength matched with that of the collaborator and how you divide the work. I slowly learnt working with people nearest to you is the most productive. Perhaps I should start downplay on working with people outside my institution, though sometimes this needs not be, like JL, who is a my former colleague, in which I still work with, but then, my collaboration started with him while I was still employed in my former institution. Working with other people is an interesting experience. It help you enhanced your skills and knowledge over time.

0 comments: