Writing and thinking

Sunday, March 14, 2010

"...... you see yourself outside you, you get better perspectives and perhaps form a secondary opinion to an existing issue"

When I was younger, a lot younger, I dreamt of being a writer. I have an Uncle, who "coached" me on writing. I often wrote stuff and give to him for "correction".He was often very strict, and end up not being as encouraging as he would like. My urge to write, however, didn't stop. I start writing diary around age 13 and lasted 4 years and I stopped. I guess I was a bit bored and kind of find it "tiring". Writing diary is a good experience. It forced you to think, and more importantly, to express in word, which is a good training.

My current profession needs writing skill, i.e., writing for research to be published. The most important part of my past writing experience that benefits me is the "process of thinking" behind writing. Writing involved largely putting thoughts down in words, and requires good organisation, coherence and completeness. The more you do it, the more it becomes easy to apply to any topics you write.

I actually think about blogging after a suggestion from a colleague. The motivation behind blogging, however is a different one, though it still requires writing. This is a medium to get known for what you wrote. There is a chance you can get famous for things you wrote, some people aim for that when they write blog, as it should be in principle for others to see as it is in the public domain. I actually didn't think about all that when I decided to start blogging again. I wanted the whole blogging experience to be ABOUT ME. It is about my thinking, my reflecting and to some extent, my healing. When you put your thoughts down in word, you see yourself outside you, you get better perspectives and perhaps form a secondary opinion to an existing issue. This brings you closer to find a solution, if that is what you look for. Setting up the blog had spent me some times, however. I had my time spent on finding the blog theme and getting links, etc, though I enjoy that, I did move away quickly to focus on writing, which is what the blog is about.

I guess I am slowly integrating writing blogs as part of my life. I don't find writing blog entry a chore, when it is time for blogging. it just comes naturally. Blogging has been a rewarding experience for me so far, as it not only enable me to reflect upon my everyday life, but also allow me, after reading stuff I came across, to have a platform to put down my thoughts, which in a way broaden my thinking and encourages me indirectly to read more and to read even wider.

0 comments: