An accidental minimalist

Saturday, March 13, 2010

"You get me wrong! I am a minimalist, though I am also lazy sometimes, hehe"

I am not sure if I am a minimalist. Even if I am one, I am one by accident, not by choice. Sometimes I am lazy and just "cannot be bothered" too many "unnecessary" things in life. I end up living "minimally" and happy with that. I might be in Loughborough for about 6 months now, I have not get a set of sofa in my flat, and I slept on mattress though it did come my mind at some points, I need a double bed or at least a sofa bed, but I am fine. :D

As you can do without the "essentials" in life, psychologically, this means some other aspects of your life should "take over". I think in this case, should be your spiritual perspective in life. I am not saying I am a religious person, but it is true that traditionally religious people such as Buddhist monks do lead a "minimalist" life (There are exceptions though, like this one, which I am not very sure. It's up to you to decide).

You do feel you "live life longer" that way because you are "digesting life" like the way you chew your food and digest them slowly and enjoy the best in them. I have to say, minimalist lifestyle is quite new concept to me. If I am considered as a "minimalist", I am mostly a "relative minimalist" rather than an "absolute minimalist", since people have different wants and needs, my standard of "being minimal" might not be yours. I guess as long as we find our "minimalist lifestyle" fruitful and that we are happy, it should be fine. There is no need to be something we are not, just for the sake of becoming one.

0 comments: