Less is more

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"Turn your weakness into strength. Less is More"

I was already in this rather posh Indian restaurant having a meal for about 2 hours, with colleagues WS, WF, and guest speaker, RW, who presented a paper today on pay consultant and the determinants of pay for CEO. I just sat there and listened to what they said. I was quiet most of the time and said less than 10 sentences.

I would feel terribly uneasy in the past if I suddenly cannot find things to say. But I had learnt to accept myself as the way I am and get on with it. I later realised it is perhaps better that way, as it will quickly show you are "trying too hard" if you find yourselves acting under pressure.

Normally, situation gets worst if you are in a competitive condition, like during group interview. I later realised saying less gives you opportunity to be observant and perceptive Saying less encourages you to think before you speak. Saying less works to your advantage. Saying less makes one feel mysterious in other people's eye and draw attention to people. There you go, less is more.

0 comments: