I don't hate Monday

Monday, February 22, 2010

If you hate Monday, read this. Monday is my "working from home" day as I need to concentrate to prepare my lecture material for Tuesday. So, I don't hate Monday, :D

I find dish washing task is a mean to an end. I got that task sorted early on the Monday morning, went on to do my dinner and smoothie, then put them back to the fridge. I felt more focused doing my work subsequently, which is about the lecture material preparation. Now that I decided to use both powerpoint slide and overhead projector (OHP), I need good coordination between the two medium on the use of materials, helping students understand the topics better. I spent quite some times thinking of doing that effectively.

I have time to go for a swim shortly after, and I feel free about myself, perhaps because I had time well spent today. It's an unique emotion only I know how that felt like.

I did some research in the evening. Looking through the revised paper JL sent me, carefully sourced for additional material needed to support his arguments written in some short revised paragraphs, I find out what to write and organise them quite quickly in my head and then put them down in words. It's a short 500-words-ish paragraph, but it's precise and sharp, JL should be please. This is a piece of research I so enjoy doing, mainly because of the good fire-work with JL, let's hope this research gets a "good home" in the end.

I also checked the emails and find students needing attention on exam results, need to see me, so I should attend to those tomorrow. I am still not sure about how much all these demand of me. At times. I feel I have loads of free time (as there are seriously a lot fewer contact hours over here), but due to my unfamiliarity with the system (since this is only my first year here), the consequence of dealing with students expose me to uncertainly in term of my level of commitments, which I must be careful and weigh them properly with my time for research.

All else, I am looking forward to having a productive lecture tomorrow. I think I need a bit practice dealing with big group, and I believe the more I do it, the better I will become. So, BRING on the challenge!

0 comments: