Happy Chinese New Year 2010

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's interesting that I was only reminded that Chinese New Year is round the corner by a friend.

I guess I have lived too long in this country not to have my "body clock" in tune with the Lunar Year Chinese Calender. Others in my home country might say I am now a "banana" (i.e., yellow on the outside, but white inside) man, which isn't true, because I had not forgotten my mother tongue and proud to be able to converse 100% "purely" in Mandarin with my Chinese colleagues, which impressed some, hehe!

It's not appropriate to say someone to "lose his roots" by increasingly "not celebrating" the Chinese new year. Nothing is lost, it's just the way of thinking and adapting. 人家说入乡随俗,你没听说吗?

Anyway, if you are 12-, 24-, 36- or 48-year-old after your birthday in 2010 then based on the Chinese Astrology, this is likely to be your year, i.e., year of the Tiger. There are characteristics of a tiger and those characteristics, combining the western horoscopes that may interest some. Happy Chinese New Year 2010! wishing you all many happy returns.

0 comments: