Stay Awake at work on Monday

Monday, February 15, 2010


I love to read "self help" article, like this one about "stay awake at work". This helps you reflect upon your own strategy to overcome similar problem and see if something new can be learnt from it. The followings are my simple strategy to help me kept awake at work

1) EAT light lunch, heavy lunch makes you sleepy easily
2) ORGANISE things you have to do at work, put them point by point. You won't forget and will be reminded to finish them.
3) ALWAYS try and have 10 minutes nap in the afternoon, then wake up, brink your eyes in cold water. That is by far, the MOST EFFECTIVE mean I found to be kept awake (This applies only if you have your own office and a door that has no transparent glass :D)
4) TAKE THINGS one at a time, when you suddenly feel you have TOO MUCH TO DO, that makes you more aware of "attending to the tiny details", and the more you feel discouraged.

I have never felt "consistently tired" about my work in the day. It is like what the article had suggested to be a sign that you are "bored" with your work. some "disruptions" do occur time and again, which you would expect, but not to the extent of causing concern to have a change of job or career for me. :D

0 comments: