A Value-Added life (1)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

".... This could be a bargain-hunting activity...."

There are so many examples surrounding us are about value-added. This blog if going to be left "empty", with no updates will not be value-added anymore. I like to think the blog is an "outcome" of the state of life I am in. It does not mean how often I wrote (though I was quite "active" in the earlier period of writing the blog), it is what I wrote that "add value". Value-adding can be contributing to seeing new perspective on certain issues that I missed out in the past. Such continued search for "value" ensure I am always on the "look out" for new "experience" and "encounter".

"value" can also be taken to mean "belief". For example, western value, eastern value, etc. If certain thing add "values", this implies that I reinforced the belief and obviously, I feel good about it. So what is a good example of "value-added" activity? Bargain Hunting is one, I am sure, at least for me. It is hard to understand the rationale why this is so. But the thrill of "saving" makes one feel is a "big deal". This ranges from a few pence to a few pounds. Yes, it is a "belief" so it is a "value", it reinforced what you believed and you are simply "practising what you believing in".

We can always create new "value" based on our "belief". This should be, for example, about hobbies we choose to do, book we choose to read, music we choose to listen. Yes, you made a conscious effort to feel, sense and internalising them and you made a choice. I recently found I am a fan of Mozart piano, simply because it relaxed my mind to large extent. It felt as if my mind was being massaged by the rhyme of the piano music. It felt like I am being gentle touched, if I consciously (and relaxingly) following the piano keys from one to another, indulging myself totally in the world of Mozart. I just loved it.

At the end of the day, it is about "reaching out" and "discovery". Whether this involves people or not, it does not matter. It could be a very personal experience as simple as reading a good book, which is enough to take you a ride into an adventurous world that is waiting for you patiently out there. There are many things your mind and your senses can do to create wonder for you.You just have to discover them! :D

0 comments: