in Nirvana or in hell?

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sometimes our emotion does go through quite a number of changes throughout the day. I somehow tell myself this will change and will pass, so no need to be affected by it too much. Obviously it is not always that easy to practice. This reminded me of what I had learned in "Buddhist Studies" that I took as a Religious Studies when I was in the secondary school. It said that when one died, there are 5 possibles states that one could end up. Two of them are Nirvana and Hell. Nirvana is a state being free entirely from suffering, while Hell is full of suffering. When asked about how does being in hell or in Nirvana feel like? Buddha says that it is the way you live your life. Obviously, that explains how emotion change from one time of the day to another.Sometimes,when I am able, when I didn't feel things go right in certain time of the day, I know that is going to pass and I just take it a little easy and it affects me lesser and I slowly become free from it. This is a lot to do with our own cultivation and practice. But to be in Nirvana or in hell, perhaps it is also a state of mind.

0 comments: