Wishing for the happiness of others

Monday, October 18, 2010

I came across this article, "The practice of Metta Meditation! Looking at the site, it explained the meaning to be "a strong wish for the happiness of others." I am not sure it means feeling thankful for other people, but I think the basis is a different one here. I find this so called "Metta" thinking is about the "connectedness" with people. The feeling of empathy that occurred in you naturally about this person you came across, be it a stranger. I remember quite a while ago, I had on a few occasions before I slept every night, run through my head quickly recalling the people I met during the day, especially those that touched my heart by their friendly gesture or perhaps some dedicated people working in the shop or even your secretary that took care of little details and make your job easier, in my heart, I wish them happiness. It's strange how one's mind work and when it began to be crowded, it does not work anymore. And therefore, I had not been practicing this for a while. So, I am glad I read about the practice of Metta Meditation. It reminded me some of the values of my practices in the past, enabling me to find meaning dealing and connecting with people I come across in my daily life. Little things like this add to the feel of wholesome in one's life, the more this helps you enjoy your life. :D

0 comments: