what's important come FIRST! :D

Thursday, October 21, 2010

When you have a wide range of tasks to accomplish and not knowing which one to start, what is the way forward? The other day that was how I exactly felt. My whole afternoon didn't feel as if I accomplish anything. I didn't feel satisfying for those that I did for that day. It then struck my mind in the night when I read about this interview of Leo Babuta who talked about dong "the most important tasks, rather than all the busy-work that normally fills our day" So it put me back to perspective again, and I decide that it's time for me to prioritize what tasks to complete first and what's next on the list. It is really a common sense, but need some form of reminder at times for people to get back to their senses. These days I am spending times on research and teaching, filling in time in between for productive research work, which is becoming more and more challenging as it goes and naturally needs plenty of attention. So, yes, do what's important FIRST, before that, however, we just need a simple prioritization of our list of tasks, :ah! :D

0 comments: