Thank you for remembering me on Christmas

Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." ~ William Ward

The early morning on Christmas Day was especially peaceful, even I could feel that. I have lived in the UK for over ten years across five cities. Each time I moved from one to another, I knew new people and kept in touch with the old ones, though this means we will become less close since we will be distance apart. Thanks to facebook for making it possible to chat and catch up with long distance friends. Some knew I am spending Christmas alone and have sent me Christmas card and KA called to wish me happy Christmas from Norfolk, where he spent this Christmas with his family. I also received a text from WF and his wife wishing me the same, in which I returned one.

A Chinese Visiting lecturer specially sent an email wish me Merry Christmas and told me a card is being sent on the way and hope I will receive in time for the festive season. That was a nice gesture. Kevin sent me a card too. I knew Kevin while I was at Aberdeen. He used to ask me out for a drink whenever he visited Aberdeen to see his parent. Meeting Kevin was really lucky. There was a gentlemanly distance and we appreciated that and enjoyed good engaging conversation, he was supportive and I do like his company.

I also cannot forget the Custom-made Christmas Card sent by KM, which he put some much thoughts on it and wickedly funny as well. I love it. I had not celebrated festive periods like Chinese New Year or Christmas for many, many years. It is not something you can do very much if you don't have a family, but I am increasingly finding myself used to this, which felt scary at first, but not anymore. I want to say a big thank you to the kind friends for the cards, text, calls, emails and greetings on facebook. You had made me feel having a Christmas Day, even if only once in every 365 days, is a BIG bonus. Thank you for remembering me. May 2012 brings you lots and lots of happiness! :D

0 comments: