Feed-forward

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"It keeps my mind alive..."

A friend on facebook posted an interesting article about "habit, routine and integration" which I had enjoyed reading, and which brought me to think of my experience of developing and keeping good habits in life, such as blogging, which was not doing too well recently. It's been quite empty for a while since the last post beginning of March 2012. I actually evaluated about blogging lately, not that I wanted to give it up, rather seeking an identity to be related and associated with, as in asking again the question, what purpose it served and how it represents me. Yes, this blog is about listing down observation and reflecting about life, but it must be more than that. I supposed I am re-thinking about the motivation of blogging.

I have been observing lately my mentality when I was not blogging. I sense that my observations slowed down and my awareness became weak too. There is of course certain degree of focus when I was at work. But it lacks a degree of continuity after work. It became a bit listless and aimless after hours, as if waiting for tomorrow to come and start my work again.This certainly didn't enrich my life and become meaningless later.

Though i didn't blog as much, I keep up with my meditation's practices, which I found myself to have made some progress. I made a trip down to the Raj Meditation session on Tuesday evening and once again fascinated by Natalie's inspiring speech about keeping calm and peaceful. I then remembered she said before that meditation is sometimes like a re-charge. There must be something one can attain out of meditation and this good feeling feed-forward to our daily life and in turn this supports our meditation practice and make it better for our well-being.

I am beginning to think blogging can bring me this good and yet different impact. Now that I had a chance to "live without blogging for a while", and as I reflected upon the "non-blogging" days, it made sense to see blogging as a form of re-charge too. It is becoming more and more believable. If writing a blog is the outcome of my daily observing and reflecting, then it keeps my mind alive, apart from being peaceful. This certainly has the positive "feed-forward" effect, just like meditation. The mind is a world of its own and certainly it can be enhanced and be enriched, it's the quality of the observing and reflecting, and of course, the blogging that matters. This seemed to make sense.


0 comments: