A time and place for everything

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

"When it feels right, you will enjoy it"

Following my exam finished today, I will be locking myself away from tomorrow onward for 5 or 6 days to mark those 175 exam scripts. This also marks the end of the second semester and the beginning of a three months "breaks". For the past few days, I had been busily attending to students' enquiries in the office, replying emails mostly and suddenly felt I have loads of time on hand. As the term comes to the end and my teaching finished, I seem to be left with "nothing much to do". The evening suddenly felt so "empty", watching "Britain Got Talents" for the past one week, though enjoying it, still find a little "missing out on something". It just didn't feel right to do anything, not even leisure reading, writing blogs or even getting out and about, going for a walk. It gets a little mechanical when what you do the following day was to go to office, seat yourselves down and then wait for students to come by and one by one, you "served" them. The evening felt like a time to "do something", but you get restless because you can't seem to find "things" to do. Perhaps that's what commonly known as boredom. I found that the worst of those moment, is to find myself forcing myself to become productive and start digging out research task to do, surely that is going to become counterproductive before too long. Of course, I didn't do that.

I remembered I had a little thought about "relaxation". Even to the extent that it has to be "focused" . Now, I think there is a time and place to do anything, especially when you are "relaxing". What to do, how to do it and when to do it, I think it matters. I listened to Jazz Musics first thing when I came home, as soon as my laptop is switched on. The music filled the air with a sound of yesteryear and a nicer feel comes along when it gets darker with only my lamp lighted up in my living room. The timing seems right and It's a nice feeling. It felt relaxed.

I guess I just have to "put my mind and soul" at that moment, and indulged myself in it. Yes, there are few things in life that you do "automatically" and adjust to it, as it is already built in somehow. For example, these days I became more and more "used to" my body mood to go swimming. I resist it lesser and lesser. So, when the time comes, I will just got up and go without hesitation. Now, i go three times a week, and whether the pool is crowded or not, I will get by it and get the most of each session of my swim. There is a time and place for everything. When it feels right, you will enjoy it, but you should really know what you enjoy most in the first place.

0 comments: