Breathing space

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

".... stop procrastination entering my thought system...." 

Finally, I had the most challenging task taken off the lists of research I wanted to focus on. It was not easy and I am talking about this one with MW as discussed few days back. The tough part is though I wanted this to be done soon. I cannot be too pushy when pursuing this with MW. I have to subtle.What I did today was. I had a thought about what to do first. So I thought giving him a call and have a causal chat will be a good start. However, I cannot get through his line, so in the end, I sent him an email, carefully explaining to him why I think that housing paper is now about time to be sent off to Journal. I did that, and then I got a reply fairly quickly. Then I realized MW's mom was ill and that explains why he didn't contact me to meet up during the Easter break. MW asked for my updated version of the paper and I sent him one. So, in reply, I told MW I will call him tomorrow and have a good chat. I guess all these sounded friendly and I hope MW appreciate that.

Sometimes, I find that I need to feel the connection with someone before I feel I can work with someone on research. MW was actually quite fine. However, compared with JL, for example, he is a lot more less expressive and a bit too introvert, though he is very careful and throughout and detailed in what he do, which I thought was very good work ethics.

Now that the Easter breaks is over and back to the term time, I am slowly picking myself up. I began to feel to stop procrastination entering my thought system, I need to give myself lots of "breathing space" for me to sort myself out and get things done eventually. Today is a good example. It may not be productive, but it's effective. A task that is seemingly tough, just need a bit of "taking a step back" and "focus thinking" to decide what is best to do. I hope this time MW would give a little more attention to this paper and make some progress. Meanwhile, I must really get going and so must think about issue with other research.Those with JR and BB. They should be the agenda for tomorrow.

0 comments: