Do you feel "older" today?

Friday, May 06, 2011

"we can do anything in any stage of our life, never mind our age...."

I was watching BBC2's The Graham Norton Show and saw Robert Pattinson on the show. He looks so dreamy and only 24 year old. I looked at him and I asked myself how long will that pretty face last? And I wonder how often he compared himself to his earlier years. But I think not often. He has his ego supported by his fans, who reminded him time and again that he is "charming", "gorgeous" and "good looking". I think for a normal person, no matter how young one is, one will still feel "older" because he will always be comparing himself/herself to the earlier year or ages. If everyone felt this way all his life, then we all feel the same at every stage of our life, i.e., we feel we are "older". Not many is as lucky as Robert Pattinson to have fans demanding, desiring him. However, the good news is, we are also "younger" at every stage of our life, if we can stop comparing ourselves to our earlier year. Some say age is just a number and that is correct.

It is, however, inevitable for one to want to look and feel good, and to me, acceptable as long as it does not go too over the top. That could be based on a different reason. Some obviously is for good look and nothing else. For me, keeping well and feeling good is more a reflection of one's healthy self-esteem. It is not so much of covering the fact that one has aged. There is a difference here. This is quite true and increasingly the case in recent years for me. Sometimes, you do however found yourselves a bit "carried away" and thinking about how young others were, and getting a bit "jealous" or "envy" (just a bit, a little). But then you think, we all had our equal share of our life, our up and down, our youth and our days, so it's fair. After many years, these current young kids will probably think the same about their younger peers. So, why should I bother or worry about it.

I know for sure, how I probably will turn out to look like many years down the road. So I am doing something to prevent myself going "too wrongly". Keeping fit and exercise and walking are all good practices, in which I am adopting. At the end of the day, it is not your age that matters anymore, it is what you do to your life that matters. Ironically, what matters to you the most in your life seems to make more sense the more experiences you accumulated over the years. Perhaps one day when you become wiser, you probably know what is best for you to do in your life, again it has nothing to do with how old you are. As long as we keep an open mind, you will always learn new things and become "relatively wiser" every minute and we can just do anything in any stage of our life, never mind our age.

0 comments: