The Anchorage

Friday, July 09, 2010

"She is one of the few people who know me a lot more than I know myself,...."

I am writing my blog now with the fan behind me turn its head right and left, left and right, as if showing the disapproval of the Singapore's weather, just like the way I felt. I met DL at the Anchorage this afternoon, modern shopping mall in the town area. DL is one of those friends from my University's day who did brilliantly for her career. She is one of the few I knew who has now taken senior management role and she can still tell me she finds no potential and want to find some more challenges elsewhere, despite earning an impressive 6 figures annually, anyone should feel jealous of her.

She is one of the few people who know me a lot more than I know myself. She taught me what it meant to be "perceptive" by claiming I am one and letting me later to find out more about this and excel in it, how charming is that! :D We were talking about the good old University's day and brought this up and had a laugh. That was like more than 15 years ago now.

DL might appear a bit aggressive and ambitious for her own good, by the way she describe to me how she deals with situation at work, but she is never untruthful, as direct and as honest she is and never failed to come with an air of charisma that you cannot help not notice it. She had three children, suffer a miscarriage of a pair of twins and nearly having a breakdown, and here she is, like she used to be and will be as always, full of energy. It was really nice having able to catch up and see her again.

0 comments: