The journey is more interesting...

Monday, July 05, 2010

"... than the destination"

Tomorrow this time, GMT I should be about landing at Dubai. This will be the first time I am connecting at Middle Easts. the whole journey will start from me catching a bus from Loughbourgh to Leicester at 8.10 am and later taking a coach there straight to Birmingham international Airport, in total about 2.5 hours, plus the waiting time. I always have a list next to me before I left for a trip. I don't want to be too forgetful and want to be effective, so the followings are the items on the list




1) Remember my battery and battery charger for the digital camera
2) Switch off all the switches, and switch off the digital FREEVIEW boxset
3) Bring my toothbrush
4) Close the window
5) Keep the laptop and cover the wireless router with newspaper to prevent hot sun from heating it too much

Bringing toothbrush for me is the most important. If I don't have this, and then if I have to eat, I would just feel like I am eating rubbish, if you can imagine. This will also be the first time I am taking an afternoon flight at 2.15 pm. If I travelled by KLM, then that will be normally be at 9.15, flying straight from Amsterdam to Singapore direct. The first leg of the journey is shorter. But for Emirates, the airline that I am travelling with now. It will have 6 hours for its first leg, then 6 hours connection time and later final 6 hours for its' final day of the journey. An entirely different sort of experience, that I really look forward to. An interesting quote I read somewhere describe life as a journey as follows:

"All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there." But,
I always believe the journey is always more interesting than the destination, just like the way life is or perhaps when you reached your destination, you begin to search for other destination and then another journey will begin which will take you into the unknown and excitement, embrace all of them :D

0 comments: