Au Revoir Taipei (一頁台北)

Monday, July 12, 2010

I will postpone today's interesting meets with my friend till tomorrow. This is because I cannot forget the movie poster I saw yesterday while visiting the Cathay Cineplex with M. It seems delightful and sweet. It says on the poster, the title to be "Au Revoir Taipei" (i.e., Good bye Taipei)

I quickly check this up online and find more information about this film. This movie has won a few awards already including the Best Asian Film in the latest Berlin International Film Festival and another award in Paris. I often look forward to what the Taiwanese film maker produced in their latest movies, especially the young and the up and coming ones. They normally made films without much of a baggage and can handle the theme in an orginal way and so is this film. I don't want to give too much away, but the following gives the trailer and a brief film review provided here



Oh and I like the theme song too. It nicely integrated guitars and piano and reminds me of a comptenary jazz and also felt very European. Here's the theme song (not an MV though, but you will like it, I am sure)

0 comments: