Breathing is "healing"

Thursday, April 14, 2011

 ".... it serves another purpose apart from keeping you alive"

I came back from Birmingham this evening, finishing my short but fruitful 3 days conference. I have email assess during this time and still able to receive messages from work colleagues. I received an email from AA yesterday about a feedback he was asked to give me about my recent application for merit awards. It kind of "stressed" me, as I am not sure how much more I need to change for this application. I know this is important and I want to do it right. I know myself, if something like this "stressed" me, then it will take up all of my time and unable me o be productive. Right in my mind, I now can easily relate to some techniques I recently learn from some books I read.

Yes, and I am talking about breath! do it 4 or 5 times, feeling the air enters and expand your body and later when you exhale, it tightens your abs and lower tummy. Observe the process. I didn't do this 4 or 5 times, I do it with music the background, and it lasted about 12 minutes.After that, that "stress" thought still lingering about your brains somewhere, but you have been able to get on with other work, so this has been helpful exercise for me.

I began to see why Ross Harris claimed Breathing has the effect of giving you an anchor. Like a ship withstanding a storm. In this case, it cannot stop the bad thought from lingering about, but at least, it helps you get on with daily life, which I had achieved it.

0 comments: