Looking forward to good productivity

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

" . Time waits for no man, but time waits for me..."

This is still the Easter holiday period for the University, and it also coincides with the National Easter holiday, so the University is closed and I was happy to stay at home for good Friday, the weekend and the bank holiday Monday. I had laid down few tasks last Thursday before retiring back at home, but yet to do any. This is actually a good thing. I probably mentioned before, but I was not very good at relaxing. However, I made some progress this time and I was happy about it. I took the baby steps. Time waits for no man, but time waits for me. Outrageous as it sounded, but it's true, and I am patient. Always wanted to feel all ready and prepared, and then I moved my next step. I know I am not that adventurous or spontaneous, but I am enjoying every minute of it.

Reflecting upon the last few days of "tasks". I can say I have decided upon the allocation of saving and how much to put in which saving accounts. I still need to think a bit about the MP AVC schemes from prudential. And today I found another alternative for my saving, i.e., the NS&I Premium bonds. This one is a prize draw. You won't earn any interest, but every month, you get to be picked as the lucky winner to win between £25 and £100000, and they are tax free. Perhaps I may put some in there to try my luck.

Today I also met up with my friend, AH in Nottingham for lunch. I gave him a treat this time, as AH was made redundant recently, but was determined to set up a simple business in his local market place based in "Long Eaton". We had a great time in this Chinese Restaurant, May Sum. It even serves chocolate fountain, and we had a fun time trying out different things with the chocolate, including Marsh Mellow. We went for a walk after that, and it was an eye opener, as I didn't quite know Nottingham. We walked around the busy shopping area and I then had an idea how the various streets were joined together. It now appeared it is a lot easier to get from one place to another than I originally thought. We even passed by the  City of Caves in Nottingham, which was really cool. I didn't know this exists at all, as the only thing legendary about Nottingham is Robin Hood.

Anyway I was quite full after the buffet lunch and fell asleep on the way back in the bus, and still felt full during dinner time and decided that I would just have some fruits.  As I began to think of my tasks for tomorrow, including the discussion of exam papers with WF, and some of the stuff I have to do for lecture notes preparation, I felt I will be able to do them at ease. I supposed  I have had "enough" when I "relaxed" since I was "focus", so the same should apply to the work as it is a "flow" that float around from one segment to another. I am really looking forward to see how this is going to have an impact on productivity, be it work or leisure :

0 comments: