Relax is a form of focus

Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Yes, there is only one thing to do - relax."

You find spaces for relaxing when "a certain point in time" does not feel the same as "all other times". It has come to my attention that I need to find a way that is unique to me, and only me, that allow me to relax. I think the only barrier for me to relax is my "unsettling mind". However, today the "unsettling mind" was a bit sorted all because it has found its position and therefore able to "relax". The positions was found all because I followed strictly a routine with a list of tasks to be accomplished. This is not quite the same during the term time, where I will be busy with getting ready for students' lecture material on a Sunday's evening. Due to that, I found some "surplus" and in addition, as I was sticking with my list of tasks, I felt I was on top of things and therefore I am "relaxed".

However, my day continues to fill with up and down. The double-bed mattress that was promised to deliver didn't happen, luckily I took precaution by visiting the store while out shopping for groceries earlier and got  it confirmed. So I have to call the furniture shop tomorrow. I bought a pail with a mob and did my cleaning and felt proud about my effort. I was not "too bothered" for not finishing all the tasks I listed as I told myself, I can afford to take things a little slower since this is Easter holiday. I am also trying to enjoy the process. Again, This helped me to relax.

I can tell I am feeling relax, because I am focused when I relaxed, my mind was just on one thing - relax, and nothing else. I find that relax in a "focus" sort of way allow one to observe and see the inner activities or rather, the interaction with the external activities, with a bit of "going with the flow",just like a tap water, you relax and enjoy even more. It's a day of some quiet relaxations and enjoyments, with a day out under the lovely weather earlier in the day and now listening to "hereafter" while writing this post, how healing is that! NICE! :D

0 comments: