"Eventful" events (1)

Monday, May 24, 2010

1) Toothpastes - forget to buy one yesterday and forget again today when I walked into Somerfield this morning, guess I must brush my teeth with my finger now , lol

2) Freeview box(es) - I called Morag this morning. The few freeview boxes she sent me aren't working well to update the teletext. UK will be fully digitalised in time to come and it seems reception in some areas are still not working well, sigh!

3) Student meeting! - I met two students today and spent a total of one hour on each, going through stuff they aren't sure. I hope this won't happen too often. It will eat up my research time

4) Surprise email - received an email from YKP, my former math lecturer from uni. I didn't see him for long time, so I should arrange to meet him for lunch in July when I am back to Singapore, not sure how his kid is doing.

5) Subject group strategy meeting - I seemed to find that things are fine at the subject group area in term of research, as far as I am concerned. I actually felt I can engage better with this group of colleagues compared to those I met elsewhere. I even crack jokes and had a laugh. I think I am relatively less shy with this group of colleagues and dare to speak up.

6) House Visit - clean my bathroom and kitchen yesterday and now await for house visit by the agent tomorrow afternoon, so I must vacuum my living room in the morning.

7) Placement Visit - brought the file for placement visit home. Must read them before the visit on Wednesday. I also fixed appointment to meet SG, my former boss, to have coffee at St Pancras International. I really looking forward to see her to catch up with latest gossips in the academia.

8) Weather - Well, yesterday was the hottest day. I heard it will be a bit colder, temperature will be a bit down next few days, so must put on more clothes

0 comments: