Reinvention

Sunday, May 16, 2010

"..... I am still zenbreather and I still reflect and lately I realise this is also one main characteristic of Leo, which I am one..."

They said you have to reinvent yourselves once in a way to get new inspirations. This could be a new type of job, a new image, a change of lifestyle, etc. I found another way to reinvent myself. Yes, you are right. I am reinventing myself through the change of the theme of my blog.

I have now written about 100 posts. I do find myself getting more drawn down to writing stuff related to my work. As you can probably see, the "Career and development" section has a lot more entries than others. Therefore, after some thoughts, I began to realise perhaps I should have a blog theme that suits the situation I am in and "Ivory Tower" appears to be the best fit. I like the new blog skins. It is quite academic, the font, the mixture of information on the layout, a bit like those we read from the "Economist" magazine. The only thing I need to do, is to add in more "labels" so that the future posts for "Career and development" can be further broken down into other categories.

However, I am still zenbreather and I still reflect and lately I realise this is also one main characteristic of Leo, which I am one. Being reflective is a characteristics for Leo because Leos are competitive and actually they are being competitive with themselves. They reflect so that they know what else they can do to continue to be better. Sometimes, they believe if they can be better than their current selves there is also likely chance, they will be better than others, though their intentions of competition does not begin with "winning others".

Yes, I am not aiming at winning others, other than myself. As I wrote this, I began to think what I had done today. Well, I finished preparing the Wednesday presentation slides and though I didn't write enough of the book review for XYX publisher, there should be enough time do do that later. I have some meetings with students tomorrow and I am relaxed about them, the more I think I only left with my last lecture to do, so I should be able to do the JR's paper, while waiting for them. And yes, I have to call SMH tomorrow, not chat with her for a long time, not sure what happen to North East Scotland now. I am feeling relaxed and reinvented (i.e., inspired) as I get ready to face tomorrow and the rest of next week, and I hope you too!

0 comments: