over-ambitious

Sunday, May 30, 2010

".... because I not necessary know how they do what they do...."

I have been soul searching for a bit past few days about my research, thinking if I am being over-ambitious. I have been reading about few areas of interesting topics, and had intention of "going solo" on those, i.e., working on my own and eventually to develop as single author papers. However, though I may know some of the papers why they do what they do, I not necessary know how they do what they do. That caused some problems for me. Even if I then how they do the stuff they do for their research, I need to be convinced the way they do it, if not, I don't know what my research contribution. Luckily, I am resourceful. I cannot do this certain area, does not mean there is nothing else I can concentrate and focus on. I had a little thought about it and quite quickly get back on track, and knew the way forward, which I am glad. Then I carried on doing the stuff with JR, which is about coming to the end for my first draft. We have a story there, but need some final touch up to make it look more plausible, then it will be up to the reviewer to decide if that is a good story, hopefully it will be. But, as I said before, every new paper sent to a journal is a new beginning, so never overlook anything.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

u haven't been blogging! busy? - narz