BB and his talent

Friday, April 16, 2010

"sometimes we just know too much of others and too little of ourselves..."

I was very relaxed today. I didn't leave my office until about 7.30 pm, and the daylight was still on. It was a very lovely and sunny day. I decided to stay behind to do some work as the day was busy. I had lunch today with BB. He actually treated me this one. BB, a nice guy as I heard many colleagues said of him. To me, BB is of a different league compared to most of us. He has his PhD in mathematics from one of China's most well known University internationally. And he got himself a post in a foreign University based on that. Unlike so many Chinese youngsters these days who longed to get out of China to the Western University to study, to get a degree, etc, BB certainly has got a lot more talents and very bright.

I got to say some times academics are quite subtle and needs time to open themselves up, and BB is the same.We chat generally, a bit of laugh with silly things at work, and discussion of some other talented, but weirdly behaved senior professors. During our session of chat, I came to know BB had a lot better trainings in his research and that build his experience up better.

I do know everyone background differs and everyone was trained differently to attain what they have in the life. In my opinion, BB is just exceptional. Perhaps sometimes we just know too much of others and too little of ourselves, but one thing for sure, never slow down the pace of improving oneself, because things get change so fast in the dynamic environments, which is one reason that motivated me to stay behind to get work done, for I still need to find my niche in my work and be better at it. Not that easy, but not impossible either, when there are people like BB around, you know you also can do the impossible, :D

0 comments: