pleasant excitement in everyday life

Sunday, April 25, 2010

"It felt refreshing having a change every now and then, though not big one"

Tomorrow is the first day back to the campus for our students, after the 4 weeks easter breaks. Friends must be envious of us also having holidays, the truth is we were working, except that the main job of teaching was not taken place and we just get on doing other stuff. It's been quite a Easter breaks for me. Volcanic ashes, virus attacks, the mad rush for exam papers, etc, all are important events taken place during those periods.

On my end here, I have been able to finish my exam papers, mock paper, questions I intended on giving students for practice purposes, and of course research plans, all seemed to be well in place. I have also done up my slides for the next two weeks, so I seemed fine with things and like "nothing to worry about".

As I said before about dealing with the "challenge" of "settling down" is to fix myself onto a certain routine or make changes to routine to inject some forms of pleasant excitement and in fact, I tried something recently. I began going for my usual swim on Sunday evening. As I came back today from my swim around 8 pm, when most shops were closed and while the day light is still on, I was walking relaxedly listening to my ipod, feeling fresh and good after my swim. Then as usual you get back home, you set the cooker up for dinner and the other routine follows. It felt refreshing having a change every now and then, though not big one.

I can now see the positive effect of preparing my dinner beginning of each day and how that get me ready for a day to start, which has positive impact for the rest of my day. Then, before I end the day, before I gone to bed, I often will have a cup of hot chocolate. It gave you comfort with something warm in your stomach. Anyway, I am looking forward to finishing all the rest of my course, and then get on with the exam marking, and I can spend more times on my research, :D

0 comments: