Working from home

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"The material are there for me, and the"mysteries" unlocked, still I have the story line, all that I need is time and space......."

Today I worked from home, it's been quite a while since I last did that. I was away from the office and my students, just on my research. I get myself working on the paper with JR. continued from where I stopped the other day. Progress was made today and in fact, I learnt a lot from JR's dissertation, which was awarded a first class honors standard, and I think JR also went on to get the best dissertation award for finance that year. JR is currently studying a Ms.c course at London Imperial College. I sent him a couple of emails today and it is remarkable he replied quite quickly, despite him having exam at the moment. I was quite impressed. I was also pleased about the progress made today. This means it furthers unlocked the "mysteries" on a few things that hinder the development of my story line in this paper that I am writing with JR.

However, I didn't get on to finish all of the stuff working with JR today. The material are there for me, and the"mysteries" unlocked, still I have the story line, all that I need is time and space to digest them so that the next time I looked at it again new inspirations could emerge.

In the late afternoon, I get on with another of my research about downside risk. This one is an independent research, which I will take care all of them for now. This is at a different stage of the research cycle, still at the idea development stage, so I am reviewing a few papers to search out unique ideas worth the while for doing a research on. It's kind of hard for this one to say if I made progress, because some ideas seemed coming out from the paper I read, but at time it didn't appear that way.

At about 10 pm tonight, I finally read something and "see some lights", so I am getting somewhere before the day ends, and I am happy, and I should take this forward, and trust that will make some research happen out of the ideas that emerged eventually.

0 comments: