Dining out!

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

".... the thought of "food" hijack my head and took over the space for thinking..."

The office was still quiet today, but seen the sights of few colleagues, perhaps like me, they thought the office have opened today. I saw WF as well, had brief chat and gossips about the recent conference we both attended. Then, I went back to my tedious and boring exam question preparations, and perhaps too bored for WF too, he suggested in the afternoon we went out for a meal in the evening, which I agreed. Since then, I believe it is the boredom of preparing the exam questions and the thought of "food" hijack my head and took over the space for thinking for the exam questions as well. I just didn't feel I was working at full capacity after that, but very quickly it is time to meet and we headed off to our favourite Indian restaurant, "Koh-I-noor".

It was not located in the busiest part of town, and the restaurant design not considered contemporary, but the manager was always very smiley and polite, making the experience a very pleasant one. He often let us take the corner seats which give enough privacy. Compared to the other Indian Restaurant we went last time when RW visited us to present a paper, Koh-I-Noor serves bigger portion and the dishes better made. I ordered a Balti Mixed (consisting mainly seafood, chicken and lamb) while WF ordered his regular vegetable Balti with naan bread. I ordered rice alongside main dish and was also given a naan bread. I was already quite full when I finished my rice, but the naan bread was soft and nice. I tried some but didn't finish it. I thought it was one of the nicest naan bread I had tried.

We didn't order a coffee or tea to finish our meal, but we were offered two small shots of warm alcoholic chocolate cream, which was a delight. We were given free £5 voucher last time we came here to use for our future visit, though I had forgotten to bring it tonight, the price we paid was good value. WF and I had good chats and catching up in our 2 hours in "Koh-I-Noor" and therefore a great dining out experience there.

0 comments: