Do you have sleep problem?

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

"Sleep gives you the source of energy and drive..."

Do you sometimes have "problem" sleeping at night? I guess we all do, not that this is like "serious insomnia", rather, it is like a FACT as you grow older you sleep lesser, though doctors still insist the normal hour for an adult is 8 hours each night. However, do you know high powered individual such as Margaret Thatcher claims she only needs 5 hours sleep every night.

Let's be honest, there are some rare occasions that kept us awake all night if certain things crowd our mind, that is, however, only situational and can happen to any NORMAL person. Having said that, what is annoying is that, you get interrupted at night and you find it hard to go back to sleep. My own experience about sleep is a bit different. When I was in the previous flat in Scotland, I find it hard to sleep throughout the night at first because my bedroom is too spacious. I could not understand this. I kind of associate smallness with comfort. I have to say I cannot bear living in a big space for too long. I am afraid of space and this can affect my sleep. Now, two types of interruption often awakes me at night.

1) Active interruption: I am glad with my current location of my flat, which is not along some main streets in the town center and so it is not exposed very much to heavy traffic and human noise. So, this helps me to get less interrupted at night

2) Passive interruption. This is tricky. Sometimes quite strangely, you woke up in the middle of the night, and then thoughts get in your head. Sometimes, you asked yourselves "to sleep" and subconsciously you did, other times, not that straightforward. You REALLY have to TRY HARD to get back to sleep. But I normally woke up in the middle of the night after about 5 hours sleep, though I would think my normal hour sleep is between 6 and 7 hours.

Some tips provided in this article about good sleep are helpful. I do agree room temperature and what sort of things you ate before you sleep are important. I also found that if I went swimming earlier in the evening for that particular day, I tend to sleep well. Sometimes a slight problem for me is that, when I woke up in the morning, I can be so reluctant to get up and I just lie on my mattress for long time and it wasted some precious times that I could get myself up early for a good start for my day. Other times, when I find myself not having enough sleep, I can tell my day will be a bit affected. In any case, I normally will try to get a nap in the afternoon and that help compensate some loss of sleep in the previous the night.

Sleep is 1/3 of our daily life. It gives you the source of energy and drive as we need them to help us work our best. It cannot be ignore and it cannot be lost, so you MUST find ways to compensate for it, because you need to REGAIN your energy!

0 comments: