is the Mcafee's "virus" appearing for the right reason?

Friday, April 23, 2010

"It is really for me to find out and for me to know...."

The second day I have my laptop survived from the Mcafee's crisis and I started to recall what gone through my mind when the "virus" was still on my laptop. I remember and also I said yesterday that technological leverage is something that most of us overlooked, and this is not a good sign. I don't want to take away the merit of the wonder of technology that make our life a lot better and well-being enhanced, but the truth is, there is always a "too much of a good thing" about, so when the virus was bugging my laptop, I did thought about what else I could do apart from laptop, a simple question that seems hard for me to answer.

Clearly, I have been quite obsessed as you may have read already on my other blog posts. In fact, shamelessly, may I say I had just finished a game of bubble, and I didn't have a good one this time. Anyway, what came to my mind was READING. Yes, reading stuff outside my research area. I mean, after having dinner in front of the laptop while watching "deal or no deal" and after finishing my lovely kiwi and smoothie, switched the laptop off or simply move away from the laptop and picked up a book and read, while switching on the music.

I could also check out the local drinking places and go out and about in the evening. I should perhaps thank Mcafee for the "virus" because it made me think of my lifestyle and how it could be made more interesting. Outside the world of laptop and www and perhaps also outside my work, there are many things to do and pursue, it is really for me to find out and for me to know.

0 comments: