I can't "wear my skin", but my blog can!

Friday, April 02, 2010

"Life can be complicated, having a cute blog doesn't have to be"

It's the Easter Friday and it is wet. I had a quiet day spending at home mostly. Today I mainly search the web for "new skins" - it's the skins for my blog. That is how I spent my day. One of the rare days that I didn't do anything about work, how amazing! I enjoyed writing blogs so far, but get bored with the design and the background theme. I am looking for something new and have few considerations when thinking any changes.

1) It has to be pleasant to the eyes - When people read my blog, I don't want them to be too "shocked" by the design, "too heavy looking", "too futuristic" or "too dark".

2) It has to be suitable for my theme - I named my blog "zen breather". In a simplest way, it means a form of thinking "properly" and "sequentially". I might not get RIGHT by my definition, but it is just the way I believe to be CORRECT WAY OF THINKING because it works for me and relate appropriately to ZEN THINKING. A suitable theme is something more of a lighted shade of colour. Zen needs not be nature, waterfall, Japanese, etc, it has to have a shade of light green, not sure if it is because I like green, :D

3) I must know how to do it - I adore some fairly cool designs of skins, but they were too complex for me. In the end, I discovered that it doesn't have to be too complicated for a change, some blog background themes required very few amendments to the html codes and it is easy to do. I tried out some to see if it works on my boring blogspot theme.

I have good fun trying out all sorts of skins and background. You never have a perfect one. I really like the header of my blog, it is after all provided by blogspot and now I am getting a bit bored, perhaps it is time to look for new inspirations. I am still enjoying the blog writing experience. I didn't feel I am all too geeky because I spent loads of time in front of the PC/laptop, which, fairly enough about 8 hours in total everyday. I find my life integrating nicely with those spent in the cyber-world and those in the real world. In the 21st century today, I am leading a very "normal" life. :D

Interestingly, I saw this site about this guy decided to stop writing blogs after having 2000 entries. His ego must get a boost after comments come flooding in from his supposedly regular readers. I can be sure I will still stick to blog writing for as long as possible. I think it is about the expectation and whether you can stick to the habit of doing so with some discipline, just like brushing your teeth everyday and night. Blogging is ABOUT YOU, the nice side, the ugly side, other people don't have to like or accept it, that includes the design and the theme. I like to thank my friends reading the blogs and leaving comments, it should be an experience that "help you to grow" and becoming better, just like the way your life operates, if not how can one ever find a reason to live, you tell me! :D

0 comments: