Do you remember "告別" and "一條日光大道"?

Saturday, April 24, 2010

This morning I routinely tuned into Hito Fm music station, a very familiar song came to my ear. That song, more than 10 years ago, back to my college/high school day, bring back memories, but this time, the song is sang with a different interpretation, a remake. I then checked out on youtube after hearing the DJ mentioned the name of the singer. The track can be heard below



I was a little surprise to know that the music video of "告別" (farewell) has cleverly incorporated a gay-theme. The original, however, was a duet between the composer,李泰祥 and his student, 唐曉詩. The original version can be heard here. The music video of the new version of the song was well made and edited, and the musical arrangement was great. I also almost believe this is a sequence of scenes from a full length movie. The lyrics was very generic and it seemed plausible for a gay-theme by the way the song describes it, though I don't think it was what the song originally meant to be about.

I searched a little into the singer, Leo Chen (陳永龍) and find that he is a Taiwanese naive singer, singing similar tune to those commonly known to be "folk songs". I heard that in Taiwan, the naive singers are strong excellent singer with very artistic talents. He seemed to have that talents too. I found another song by the same singer on youtube, it's called, 一條日光大道 (Sunshine Avenue), another remake of the sort of songs I listened to in my high school day.



I have not heard song like this for a very long time. It is so soothing and light-hearted, unlike some heavy metal, or "bad romance", "bad boy" sort of pop tunes, this song is so bright and sunshine-ish, you just get into the mood of the song and just by the tune and tempo, you can feel the emotion already, I am sure. :D

0 comments: