A load has lifted and I am enjoying

Monday, April 12, 2010


A load has lifted. What else, but the exam paper preparation. Came back from Cardiff last week and dive straight into preparing the exam papers, and during a period where secretaries went on Easter holidaying and the office empty, and left you there PANIC!! But I survived that, now I only let colleagues read my exam papers and I read theirs, and made comments for change, if any.

I was told the course I taught now used to have high percentage of failure from the exam. It probably due to the lecturer teaching at that time and so for now, something has to change for the better. Since I now took over the course, plus having some experiences handling similar problem before, I hope I am doing everything right up till now, to prevent another "crisis" from happening. All else, it has been a rather relaxing day, most colleauges and secretaries were back from holidays. And I finally dealt with my other unfinished tasks and made progress.

I also got on with the research with former student JR and today received a pleasant email from another former student, HM. I really should reply the email nicely. HM was a bright student and I do think I missed my former students sometimes. Facing with the noisy bunch over here, who would not? I just hope they will get better through time.

0 comments: